Sunday, November 11, 2007

Fiesole

I am in the middle of preparing my thesis research (due in one week!), but I will post a few pictures about our day trip to Fiesole yesterday, which is a hill town on the outskirts of Florence and home to a large area of Etruscan & Roman ruins including baths and a roman theater that is still used during the summer months.
To get there, just take the #7 bus allll the way to the top/end, and there you are! It actually overlooks Florence, and has some spectacular views (see opening image at top). You can even see Il Duomo off to the left to give you some scale. Oh, and Fiesole also contains lions, and tigers, and architects - oh my!
I topped off the day with, what I thought, was a simple mussel soup. Turns out, it was a whole lotta mussels (say 40 or so with a pool of broth at the bottom for them to be dunked!). Delicious! Later this week, it's off to Rome!

No comments: