Saturday, November 17, 2007

When in Rome...


This past Thursday through Saturday, we took a Villa-wide trip to Rome. We walked (and walked), per usual to most of the main attractions. It also rained pretty badly on Thursday and Friday, but today was gorgeous - making up for the soaked jeans, socks, shoes and cold bodies.

Being my second time visiting Rome - the first, two years ago with my Mom and sister, I found looking back at my pictures, that instead of trying to photograph everything in sight like last time, I was able to step-back, look harder, and take pictures of things that were particularly interesting to me. My apologies if you were expecting the large range of typical monuments. Here goes: Rome from a second look.
The Colosseum (of course).


A small monastery with a strikingly simple, yet beautiful courtyard & well.


THE Laocoon (need I say more Art Historians?).


The angels always watch you - especially in the Vatican.

The coiffured ceiling of my (favorite) building - the Pantheon.


The approach to the Vatican.

If you stand on this point, the Vatican colonnade aligns perfectly in perspective (see below).Molto (molto) bene!

No comments: